A few days ago I got a phone call as I was eating dinner:
- [banker] Hello, Mr. Noam?
- [me] Yes?
- Hi my name is John Doe and I’m calling on behalf of your Chase branch manager.
- Huh… Chase Bank. Your bank.
- Haa ok.
- I’m calling today to discuss with you some of the new options that are available to you in regards to managing your money at the bank.
- Oh. Thank you very much but I’m not interested at the moment. I’ll make sure to call if I need anything. Thank you though!
- Well where do you usually do your banking?
- My banking? At home I guess.
- But which branch do you go to every week to do your banking?
- Hmmm I don’t go to any branch. I don’t really do any “banking”. But I’ll make sure to call a branch if I need anything! Thanks a lot!
- Why don’t you take my number instead? You can call me back within the next couple of weeks: it’s 2 – 1 – 2, 1 – 2 – 3, 1 – 2 – 3 – 4.
- Thank you and I hope to talk to you soon.
Do you think the bank’s policy to call (after work hours) all customers who fall within a certain category and discuss their “banking” in this way is a useful practice for them or their customers?
If you liked My Conversation With The Banker; you might find these posts interesting as well: